Devoted to my love of Goodwill shopping, finding bargains and my (questionable) taste.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

wonky, shrunken and flower power

Not everything can come from Goodwill. If not Goodwill, Anthropologie isn't a bad place.

I love Anthropologie. It is a lovely place. It is the kind of place I imagine I would live in if I hadn't made the unfortunate choice to live with other people who mess up my stuff. I have tried to figure out how to just live in the store (they have that one bed). There's no kitchen, but there is a Whole Foods next door and I know I could survive. But apparently, at Anthro, they "frown upon" such things.

On to my point. I have had the good fortune to stumble across some Anthro pieces at the Goodwill, but today I'm showing you Anthro pieces from the store. It is too expensive, but their sale room is sometimes do-able. Occassionally I can find things for as low $9.99 and $19.99. Rarely, because the sales associates take most the really good deals, but since those girls are teeny and I am a mature woman who can wear a medium, sometimes these things work out. Also, unlike Anthro's regular shoppers, I'm not above buying "final sale" and "defective" merchandise.

Some of my sale room bargains:


Still on the racks in the front of the store, someone had bought this one and returned it. The tag said the hem was uneven. I just couldn't see it. I came home and ironed it and the hem is fine, not wonky at all. Someone was crazy! The retail price of this (and the other shirt I am going to show you) was more than $150.00! ! !

I paired it with this bright shoes I had picked up in a thrift store in England -


Then there was this, still on the racks, it had been returned with a tag that said "shrunk" - it was a large and a shrunken large works fine for me (and I can't imagine who would have just thrown this top in the washer/dryer!) -


Finally, these pants had been in the clearance room for a long time. They had survived Anthro's crazy big sale. I finally acquiesced and bought them. They are cute cute cute! I received many compliments on these $19.99 capris:


Nothing says happy and fun like flowers on your pants.

2 comments:

  1. More writing. I love it. You are back in your groove. Keep it up. I love to read what you write. Love your bargains also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! I do feel like I am getting back in my groove - its nice to hear someone else say it!

      Delete