Devoted to my love of Goodwill shopping, finding bargains and my (questionable) taste.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

mellow yellow

I'm sure you can relate. Before I can do whatever I sat down to do on the computer, I have to go through a checklist of visiting certain websites. One of those websites is modcloth.com. I have built a wish list on their site and I generally have a full shopping cart. I have only bought a few things from them, and even though I always have a full shopping cart, I don't check out because I'd like for my marriage to remain intact.

I know my husband thinks I'm crazy, for my daily Modcloth obsession (and other reasons). But I love how they style things and they give me inspiration. They have professional, paid stylists who have put looks together. I just need to copy what they have done.

I noticed a recent obsession within my obsession: the color yellow. I noticed a majority of yellow items in my wishlist and cart. One item, this top:


I like this top a lot. So much so that I presently have it in my imaginary shopping cart and not just on my wish list. Price tag: $44.99.

When I went shopping at a local Goodwill, I found this:


Close enough, right? Same basic concept for an outfit and this one was $3.99, but an orange tag made it half off and $2.00.

Now this was at a Goodwill I don't normally go to and a little bit further from my home, so you can add to the $2.00 top an overpriced grilled cheese and an even more overpriced coffee drink at a restaurant I otherwise wouldn't have been around, but I still came out ahead.

And now I can delete that top from my Modcloth cart and add something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment